Monday, December 31, 2007
Saturday, September 08, 2007
though there are some major contextual stuff that tey have to still factor in (which i feel is a must)... the ranking algorithm is somewhat different in my opinion...
just think about this- i'd expect that one normally starts searching most of the time for something that one has already come across.. and so something like the basic fact that i have actually read an item which contains this search term might just imply that i am more likely to be coming back searching for it... not *in my case* some random news blog which i never even browsed through shining through irrelevantly at the top of the result list..
deep sigh ... maybe i am not the 'ideal' user for them... but then, my mom doesn't use reader either...
Friday, June 08, 2007
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Especially after I personally spent a wasted (pun intended) weekend ushering it in... accompaied by liberal amounts of Absolut, Cognac, Tequila, Anise (yuck) and Jhonnie Walker 12.
On a related note - The 86 rules of boozing. If you're too lazy (or hungover) to go through all 86 Here are a few I liked-
24. After your sixth drink, do not look at yourself in the mirror. It will shake your confidence.
36. If you ever feel depressed, get out a bartender’s guide and browse through all the drinks you’ve never tried.
35. Learn to appreciate hangovers. If it was all good times every jackass would be doing it.
31. If you have been roommates with someone more than six months, you may drink all their beer, even if it's hidden, as long as you leave them one.32. You can have a shot of their hard liquor only if the cap has been cracked and the bottle goes for less than $25.
54. Never lie in a bar. You may, however, grossly exaggerate and lean.55. If you think you might be slurring a little, then you are slurring a lot. If you think you are slurring a lot, then you are not speaking English.
69. If there is ever any confusion, the fuller beer is yours.
82. There’s nothing wrong with drinking before noon. Especially if you’re supposed to be at work.